You're able to create discount codes via your Barcart dashboard. As discount codes are used by customers, the charges are billed back to the card you have on file on a weekly basis. You'll see reporting for all discount code usage in the Discount Codes page.
Adding a new discount code
- Log into Barcart
- Go to the menu in the top left of the screen and select Discount Codes.
- Select + ADD in the top right corner.
- Fill out the form accordingly:
- Discount Code: Name of your discount code.
- Type: Choose a percentage, fixed amount, or free shipping.
- Apply Discount to: Choose either the brand or specific products that the discount code will apply to.
- Minimum Requirement: Choose a minimum purchase amount ($ value) or minimum quantity that must be present for the discount code to work.
- Set Limits (Optional): Limit the number of times this discount can be used in total and/or limit the use to one per customer.
- Set Timeline: Choose a start and end date for the discount code to be active.
- Hit Submit. Once you submit, the code will be reviewed for approval. Once approved, you will receive an email.